Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day


A friend of mine recently shared a blog entitled "My Mom, the Style Icon" and I am obsessed. http://momstyleicons.blogspot.com/
Not only are the images fabulous and inspirational, the content is very moving. It reminds me of how much I love my own mother.
When I was little and started developing a sense of style, I was constantly raiding my mother's closet. In my 4th grade class picture, I'm wearing a white blouse that is so obviously too large for me because it belonged to my mom. I would also try to wear her shoes, which was a very silly idea with my nine year old feet. Luckily I had the advantage of 80's fashion and could layer 4 pairs of neon socks so that my feet wouldn't slide around in her size 8's as much.
My mother's signature style is her hair. Long long long, full and beautiful. Ever since I can remember I've been playing with my hair. I've changed its color over and over, had it long, short and shaved. As I've come into my thirties, I casually decided that I want long long long hair too as a tribute to her. I know that mine could never be as beautiful as hers, but it makes me think of her and in a quiet way keeps her with me even when she's not around.
I love you, Mom. And to all the Millie Mothers, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment